activation errors

Jan 14, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Hi

when I try to activate the feature:  CompleteSharepoint.NET 2.0 Content Type Binding

I get the error: 

Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
parameter name: ContentTypeId

and when activating the: $Resources:FeaturePageListInitiation it returns "file not found"

all the other activates fine...

can anyone assist ?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Viper,

You shouldn't need to activate the features manually. You have to create the root site collection using CompleteSharepoint.NET CMS. If you want to create a custom site template please use the ONET.XML that I've provided you with (downloadable through the Download link).

You still can activate the features manually but you have to do them in the correct order.

In regards of language, yes you need to create the csnet.en-AU.resx file (replace en-AU with your language). The language source code is included in the Core Source Code. Just add your own RESX in there and re-deploy the Core WSP.

Cheers,
Tommy

Jan 18, 2010 at 4:22 PM

Hi Tommy

thanks for your reply

what are the correct order of activation ?

Do I need to deploy the cs.net website sample also ?

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2010 at 9:59 PM

Viper,

The order of activation is contained within CS.NET website's ONET.XML. I couldn't remember myself unfortunately.

Sorry I can't help that much on this. The idea of developing the CS.NET website project is so that it can be used as a project template and users don't have to worry about manually activating the features.

Cheers,
Tommy