Using CompleteSharePoint.Net on WSS with another LCID

Aug 21, 2009 at 2:45 PM
Edited Aug 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM

Hi,

Thank you for supplying the community with such a great CMS framework on WSS. I installed your solution on a english WSS server, but I really want to use your solution on other language installs. Therefore I tried installing your feature on a dutch WSS server. I am able to create the example sitecollection after putting the WebTemp_CompleteSharepoint20.xml file in the right LCID folder. The site loads without problems but when I try to create a publishing page, I get an error stating:

Value does not fall within the expected range.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.GetListByName(String strListName, Boolean bThrowException)
   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPListCollection.get_Item(String strListName)
   at CompleteSharepoint.NET.Repositories.DefaultSiteRepository.GetPageLayouts()
   at CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web.Pages.CreatePage.LoadPageLayouts()
   at CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web.Pages.CreatePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

It seems to me that I am recieving this error because I am using a different WSS language, because I have no problems using the solution on my english install. There may be some other language dependencies in your solution. Can you give me some tips how I can use your solution on a WSS from a different locale?

Many thanks in advance.

Pascal

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2009 at 1:25 AM

Pascal,

In SiteRepository.cs class I pointed to Pages library with name. May be that's it.

I've never worked with other language in Sharepoint so I can't test unfortunately.

Can you change that class using ID instead of name or something and let me know what the outcome is?

Thanks for your help,
Tommy

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Tommy,

Thanks for your tip. I started with a Find and Replace on the LCID. (Find: 1033, Replace with 1043). After some debugging I edited the following lines:

DefaultSiteRepository.cs:

Line 159: SPList masterPageLib = rootWeb.Lists["Galerie met basispagina's"];

Line 174: if (pageLayoutItem.Name.ToString().ToLower().Contains(".aspx"))

These changes enabled me to create a publishing page. Then I encountered an error when I tried to edit the page. After some debugging I came up with the following changes:

Content,Download,Homepage,Newsitem.aspx:

Line 27: <CS:FieldViewer id="fldTitle" FieldName="Title" runat="server" ShowOnlyInEdit="True" FieldDisplayName="Titel" />

The process of creating, editing and deleting pages seems to be working fine now. I still have to check/debug other functionality.

Many thanks for your help so far.

Pascal

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 02:25, tommysegoro <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Pascal,

In SiteRepository.cs class I pointed to Pages library with name. May be that's it.

I've never worked with other language in Sharepoint so I can't test unfortunately.

Can you change that class using ID instead of name or something and let me know what the outcome is?

Thanks for your help,
Tommy

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (completesharepoint@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email completesharepoint@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Pascal,

That's a great job! I will include the use of resource files on the next release so that CS.NET is language-compatible.

Cheers,
Tommy

Oct 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Hi Tommy,

your CMS@WSS idea is really great ! Thanks for this from Germany.

So, we are very interested in the new version with the language compability. Is there a timeline for your planning?

Greetings

Claudia

Coordinator
Oct 6, 2009 at 12:18 AM

Claudia,

It should be soon. I will release version 3.0 together with some other bug fixes.

Please stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tommy