Integrating CS.NET with SharePoint Foundation 2010

May 17, 2010 at 1:37 PM

HI,

Thanks in Advance.

I tried to integrate CompleteSharePoint.NET with SharePoint Foundation 2010.

I have sucessfully installed CompleteSharepoint.NET.wsp(Core Framework) and CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web.Site.wsp(CS.NET Web Project).

Then I have followed the steps from Developers Guide to modify web.config as mentioned in the document.

1st Error : When i tried to add the following entry to httpmodules, the web application is not displaying any content on the page.

<add name="PublishingPageUrlHandlerModule" type="CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web.PublishingPageUrlHandlerModule,CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9911d32a5d039082" />

2nd Error : When i tried to create new site using site template "CompleteSharePoint.NET Publishing Site", I am getting the following error.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on the local server machine, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "RemoteOnly". To enable the details to be viewable on remote machines, please set "mode" to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
    <system.web>
        <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly"/>
    </system.web>
</configuration>

Please help me in resolving this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Palanisamy M.

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 2:11 AM

Palanisamy,

Have you checked the Sharepoint logs? What did it say?

Cheers,
Tommy

May 18, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I am attaching error message from eventviewer.

Log Name:      Microsoft-SharePoint Products-Shared/Operational
Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Date:          5/16/2010 9:19:26 AM
Event ID:      7935
Task Category: Web Parts
Level:         Information 
Description:
http://sp6:12921/CSDOTNETSearch/default.aspx - An unexpected error has been encountered in this Web Part.  Error: Cannot import this Web Part., DesignText: <WebPart xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WebPart/v2">
                        <Assembly>Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c</Assembly>
                        <TypeName>Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.SearchBoxEx</TypeName>
                        <Title>$Resources:spscore,SearchBoxWP_Title;</Title>
                        <Description>$Resources:spscore,SearchBoxWP_Desc;</Description>
                        <FrameType>None</FrameType>
                        <AllowMinimize>true</AllowMinimize>
                        <AllowRemove>true</AllowRemove>
                        <IsVisible>true</IsVisible>
                        <Width>420px</Width>
                        <GoImageUrl xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">/_layouts/images/gosearch.gif</GoImageUrl>
                        <GoImageUrlRTL  xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">/_layouts/images/goRTL.gif</GoImageUrlRTL>
                        <GoImageActiveUrl xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">/_layouts/images/gosearch.gif</GoImageActiveUrl>
                        <GoImageActiveUrlRTL  xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">/_layouts/images/goRTL.gif</GoImageActiveUrlRTL>
                        <TextBoxWidth xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">280</TextBoxWidth>
                        <SearchResultPageURL xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">/Home/Search</SearchResultPageURL>
                        <AdvancedSearchPageURL xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">/CSDOTNETSearch/advanced.aspx</AdvancedSearchPageURL>
                        <ShowAdvancedSearch xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">false</ShowAdvancedSearch>
                        <DropDownMode xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">HideScopeDD</DropDownMode>
                        <ShouldTakeFocusIfEmpty xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx">true</ShouldTakeFocusIfEmpty>
                    </WebPart>, SourcePreamble: DWP

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation" Guid="{6FB7E0CD-52E7-47DD-997A-241563931FC2}" />
    <EventID>7935</EventID>
    <Version>14</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>16</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-05-16T16:19:26.795942000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>63</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation ActivityID="{1B953646-D8A7-4357-A29B-CADD9D6B8023}" />
    <Execution ProcessID="3456" ThreadID="4116" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-SharePoint Products-Shared/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>SP6.mstechig.rnd</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1249254342-505506042-4532861-1112" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="string0">http://sp6:12921/CSDOTNETSearch/default.aspx - An unexpected error has been encountered in this Web Part.  Error: Cannot import this Web Part., DesignText: &lt;WebPart xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WebPart/v2"&gt;
                        &lt;Assembly&gt;Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c&lt;/Assembly&gt;
                        &lt;TypeName&gt;Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.SearchBoxEx&lt;/TypeName&gt;
                        &lt;Title&gt;$Resources:spscore,SearchBoxWP_Title;&lt;/Title&gt;
                        &lt;Description&gt;$Resources:spscore,SearchBoxWP_Desc;&lt;/Description&gt;
                        &lt;FrameType&gt;None&lt;/FrameType&gt;
                        &lt;AllowMinimize&gt;true&lt;/AllowMinimize&gt;
                        &lt;AllowRemove&gt;true&lt;/AllowRemove&gt;
                        &lt;IsVisible&gt;true&lt;/IsVisible&gt;
                        &lt;Width&gt;420px&lt;/Width&gt;
                        &lt;GoImageUrl xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;/_layouts/images/gosearch.gif&lt;/GoImageUrl&gt;
                        &lt;GoImageUrlRTL  xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;/_layouts/images/goRTL.gif&lt;/GoImageUrlRTL&gt;
                        &lt;GoImageActiveUrl xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;/_layouts/images/gosearch.gif&lt;/GoImageActiveUrl&gt;
                        &lt;GoImageActiveUrlRTL  xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;/_layouts/images/goRTL.gif&lt;/GoImageActiveUrlRTL&gt;
                        &lt;TextBoxWidth xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;280&lt;/TextBoxWidth&gt;
                        &lt;SearchResultPageURL xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;/Home/Search&lt;/SearchResultPageURL&gt;
                        &lt;AdvancedSearchPageURL xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;/CSDOTNETSearch/advanced.aspx&lt;/AdvancedSearchPageURL&gt;
                        &lt;ShowAdvancedSearch xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;false&lt;/ShowAdvancedSearch&gt;
                        &lt;DropDownMode xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;HideScopeDD&lt;/DropDownMode&gt;
                        &lt;ShouldTakeFocusIfEmpty xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:SearchBoxEx"&gt;true&lt;/ShouldTakeFocusIfEmpty&gt;
                    &lt;/WebPart&gt;, SourcePreamble: DWP
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

And I am attaching the error when i tried to navigate to new site(Created from CompleteSharePoint.NET Search)  Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The resource object with key 'SearchCenterLiteOnet_Title' was not found.

Source Error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error

Line 4:  
Line 5:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderId="PlaceHolderPageTitle" runat="server">
Line 6:      <SharePoint:EncodedLiteral ID="EncodedLiteral1" runat="server" text="<%$Resources:searchadmin, SearchCenterLiteOnet_Title%>" EncodeMethod='HtmlEncode'/> - <SharePoint:ProjectProperty ID="ProjectProperty1" Property="Title" runat="server"/>
Line 7:  </asp:Content>
Line 8:  

Source File: /CSDOTNETSearch/default.aspx    Line: 6

Error Message in SharePoint Log Files

05/17/2010 04:00:59.51  w3wp.exe (0x113C)                        0x11EC SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected System.Web.HttpException: The resource object with key 'SearchCenterLiteOnet_Title' was not found.    at System.Web.Compilation.ResourceExpressionBuilder.ParseExpression(String expression, Type propertyType, ExpressionBuilderContext context)     at System.Web.UI.BoundPropertyEntry.ParseExpression(ExpressionBuilderContext context)     at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.FillUpBoundPropertyEntry(BoundPropertyEntry entry, String name)     at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.AddBoundProperty(String filter, String name, String expressionPrefix, String expression, ExpressionBuilder expressionBuilder, Object parsedExpressionData, Boolean generated, String fieldName, String formatString, Boolean twoWayBound)     at System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.PreprocessAttribute(String filter, String attribname, String a... 5646448e-737e-43fc-ac9c-8679fa223566

Thanks and Regards,

Palanisamy M.

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Easy,

That just means that it can't find the  text="<%$Resources:searchadmin, SearchCenterLiteOnet_Title%>" resource key. What you can do, just remove that and change to text="My Custom Search" or something. It should fix it.

May 18, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Hi Tommy,

I am able to resolve the issue after removing "<%$Resources:searchadmin, SearchCenterLiteOnet_Title%>"  with some custom text. I am able to open the site. But I am getting webpart error in the home page.

When i tried to create new site(using Site Menu action - Create Publishing Page), I am getting the following error.

Runtime                        tkau Unexpected System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Resources\csnet.en-US.resx'.    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)     at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)     at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)     at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.Ens... 75f0188c-7af4-440c-b0a3-d731b60ba2cc
05/17/2010 05:24:59.22* w3wp.exe (0x113C)                        0x11EC SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...ureResData()     at System.Resources.ResXResourceReader.GetEnumerator()     at CompleteSharepoint.NET.Core.Global.ResourceFileReaders.DefaultResourceFileReader.GetValue(String className, String key)     at CompleteSharepoint.NET.Core.Global.ResourceFileReaders.DefaultResourceFileReader.GetValue(String key)     at CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web.Controls.ResourceFileLiteral.OnLoad(EventArgs e)     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()     at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean in... 75f0188c-7af4-440c-b0a3-d731b60ba2cc
05/17/2010 05:24:59.22* w3wp.exe (0x113C)                        0x11EC SharePoint Foundation          Runtime                        tkau Unexpected ...cludeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) 75f0188c-7af4-440c-b0a3-d731b60ba2cc

When i tried to add the following entry to httpmodules, the web application is not displaying any content on the page.

<add name="PublishingPageUrlHandlerModule" type="CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web.PublishingPageUrlHandlerModule,CompleteSharepoint.NET.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9911d32a5d039082" />

Do we need to consider any important point while configuring CompleteSharePoint.NET.

Because of this errors, I am not able to configure the whole functionality.

Thanks and Regards,

Palanisamy M.

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 7:56 AM

Palanisamy,

Did you download the correct WSP? It should install csnet related resource files (ie. *.resx) files in 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\Resources. If not, check your file permission and re-deploy the Core WSP.

Cheers,
Tommy

May 18, 2010 at 8:11 AM

Hi Tommy,

SharePoint Foundation 2010 will install all the required files under 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14'.

By default, there won't be 12 hive folder under 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\'.

For your information, we have installed SharePoint Foundation 2010 beta

Operating System : Microsoft Windows server 2008 R2 Standard and it is a 64bit system.

I have installed the Core WSP from following path

http://completesharepoint.codeplex.com/releases/view/36773#DownloadId=95454

And I have installed the  CS.NET Website WSP from following Path

http://completesharepoint.codeplex.com/releases/view/36773#DownloadId=95456

Thanks and Regards,

Palanisamy M.

Coordinator
May 18, 2010 at 12:18 PM

Ah okay,

I just haven't updated the settings.

If you download the source code, I think I hardcoded the path in the source code. What you need to do is to change that and re-deploy the WSP. It's very-very straight forward to do it straight from VS.

Sorry for the pain, it's just I haven't updated the source to be SP2010-friendly.

Cheers,
Tommy